During school holiday periods one of the activities that we offer in our Equestrian Centre are Pony Camps.
There are different camps based on levels of experience and ages and we cater for children & young people from the age of 4 years upwards under the constant supervision of our qualified and experienced coaches. We keep the numbers of our camps very small so that your child will receive lots of 1-to-1 attention and also for safety reasons.
Our Introductory Beginner Level Pony Camps are a great fun and positive way to introduce your child to horses & ponies, learn how to horse ride and learn all about taking care of the horses and ponies.
We offer a Half Day Introductory Beginner Level Pony Camp for children who will take part in a horse riding lesson and learn horse care and stable management as part of the camp. This will all be done with support from our wonderful experienced coaches and helpers throughout the camp duration. We do riding lessons in our indoor and outdoor arenas and trail riding outside in our sensory trail so our camps are not dry weather dependent.
What will your child learn?
*Depending on the length of the camp your child will learn and do the following:
Horse Riding Lessons:
● Learn how to prepare your pony for riding sessions which includes preparation of your pony and tacking up with bridle and saddle.
● Learn how to correctly and safely mount a pony using a mounting block & stirrups and how to dismount safely and correctly.
● Learn how to walk, steer and halt your pony.
● Learn how to improve your balance, position and rhythm on a pony.
Horse Care & Stable Management Lessons:
● Learn how to safely work around horses and ponies in a stable yard.
● Learn how to safely approach and handle a pony.
● Learn how to put on a riding hat & boots.
● Learn about pony behaviour & how they communicate with each other.
● Learn how to groom a pony, why it is important and the different types of grooming kit needed.
* Please note the content of the Half Day Introductory Beginner Level Pony Camp will also be adjusted to the age of the riders attending.