FESTINA LENTE FINANCIAL GOVERNANCE CODE & OUR COMMITMENT TO DONORS
Festina Lente receives support for its programmes from the following sources: SOLAS, Health Service Executive (HSE), Pobal Community Services Programme (CSP) Revenue from the Riding School & Walled Gardens combined, Donations & Grant Applications.
Festina Lente is accountable for all public monies, private donations and grants that it receives. Apart from the annual audited accounts, which are submitted to each funding agency, transparency and accountability is also achieved in the following ways:
· Annual Service Level Agreements
· Monthly Claims
· Fulfilment of Training Programme Specifications
· Development of New Directions Quality Framework
· Annual Contract
· Monthly Claims
· Fulfilment of Training Programme Specifications Objectives
· Three year contract
· Bi-Annual Claims
· Pobal Verification Visits
· All funds received through Grant Application are allocated and spent on the specific project(s) applied for in the Grant Application.
· Allocated to specific projects
Festina Lente’s Donor Charter
As a charity seeking donations from the public we, Festina Lente, aim to do the following:
Our pledge is to treat all our donors with respect, honesty and openness.
We commit to being accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in Festina Lente.
We promise we will effectively apply your gifts to us for their intended purposes.
We commit that you, our donors and prospective donors will:
- Be informed of the organisation’s mission, and of the way the organisation intends to use donated resources.
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on the organisation’s governing board, and that the board will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- Have access to the organisation’s most recent financial statements via our website, our accounts are audited every year.
- Be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing the charity will be dealt with professionally.
- Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organisation or hired third party agents.
- Have easily available the agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints.
- Have the opportunity for any names to be deleted from mailing lists and to be informed if the organisation intends to share the mailing lists with third parties.
- Receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to questions you might have of the organisation.
Festina Lente is open about whether those seeking donations on their behalf are volunteers, employees of the organisation or are third party agents. Anyone fundraising on behalf of Festina Lente must ensure that prospective donors are aware of their status, i.e. volunteers, employees or third party agents.
Festina Lente Audited Yearly Accounts:
The Board of Directors for Festina Lente Foundation include:
♦ John Green (Chairperson)
♦ Greg Jones
♦ John Doyle
♦ Philip Byrne
♦ William Micklem
The members of the Board are committed to the management and strategic development of Festina Lente; each director brings a valuable set of skills and experiences. The board meets once a month for a review.
Feedback and Complaints Procedure
Festina Lente is committed to ensuring that all our communications and dealings with the general public and our supporters are of the highest possible standard. We listen and respond to the views of the general public and our supporters so that we can continue to improve.
Festina Lente welcomes both positive and negative feedback. Therefore we aim to ensure that:
• it is as easy as possible to make a complaint;
• we treat as a complaint any clear expression of dissatisfaction with our operations which calls for a response;
• we treat it seriously whether it is made by telephone, letter, fax, email or in person;
• we deal with it quickly and politely;
• we respond accordingly – for example, with an explanation, or an apology where we have got things wrong, and information on any action taken etc;
• we learn from complaints, use them to improve, and monitor them at our Board.
If you do have a complaint about any aspect of our work, you can contact our CEO Jill Carey in writing or by telephone.
In the first instance, your complaint will be dealt with by our Chief Executive. Please give us as much information as possible and let us know how you would like us to respond to you, providing relevant contact details.
Jill Carey CEO
Festina Lente, Old Connaught Road, Bray, Co Wicklow
Festina Lente offices are open Monday – Friday from 9.00 am to 5 pm, and closed between 1.00 pm and 2.00 pm each day.
If you complain in person or over the phone, we will try to resolve the issue there and then. Similarly, if you complain by email or in writing we will always acknowledge your complaint within 7 days, and do everything we can to resolve it within 21 days. If this is not possible, we will explain why and provide a new deadline.
If you are not happy with our response, you may get in touch again by writing to the Festina Lente’s Chairperson. The Chairperson will ensure that your appeal is considered at Board level and will respond within two weeks of this consideration by Board members. Write to John Green, Chairperson c/o Festina Lente, Old Connaught Road, Bray, Co Wicklow.