Are you a student looking to do work experience or community work experience for 3 months or less that will be meaningful, fulfilling and help make a difference?
Festina Lente is known for its work with humans, horses and horticulture through a varied and innovative range of equine related and horticultural activities.
As a non profit charity we welcome children and adults on work experience who can help us with our work in our stable yard, our walled Victorian gardens and grounds and our administration offices.
We can only facilitate applications for work experience for a minimum of 4 days together at a time, therefore we will not be able to accommodate students who require to complete Gaisce awards or students who are unable to do less than a full day of work experience each day for less than 4 days in a row.
If you wish to do an internship with us which is 3 months or longer then please click here to go to our Internship Application page.
Work Experience Criteria:
All Work Experience Students for the Equestrian Centre must have experience working with horses and managing their care in a stable environment (mucking out, grooming, leading & tacking up) unaided and want to work with people of all abilities.
Please note our Equestrian Centre Work Experience week is from Tuesday – Friday.
If aged between 12 & 18 you must have completed our Equestrian Centre Helpers programme, please contact our Equestrian Centre for more details, or have equivalent experience (be able to tack up, muck out a stable, able to groom a horse or lead a horse unaided and without instruction).
Victorian Walled Gardens, Garden Centre, Cafe & Gift Shop and General Maintenance:
Work Experience students for our Victorian Walled Gardens, Garden Centre, Cafe & Gift Shop and General Maintenance must be age 16 or over and enjoy working with people of all abilities.
Work Experience students for our office administration must be age 16 or over and Microsoft Windows & Office computer experience.
Work Experience Application Procedure:
Application forms for work experience need to be submitted at least 6 weeks prior to desired start date.
All students requesting an Internship will be dealt with separately, and it is advisable to allow up to 3-6 months for all paperwork to be exchanged prior to start dates. If you wish to do an internship with us which is 3 months or longer then please click here to go to our Internship Application page.
Due to the large number of people who apply for work experience we have an admissions protocol.
All applications submitted are dealt with once a week by part time staff therefore it is imperative that you allow yourself plenty of time before your desired start dates, we would request your patience with your application.
All applications must be made on our Work Experience Application Form. This allows us to have all information correctly filed; it also allows us to match expectations as closely as possible.
Application forms that are not fully completed, signed and with all the relevant information will NOT be processed and we will not be contacting anyone with incomplete forms.
On receipt of Work Experience applications, you can expect the following:
- A notification email will be sent of receipt of application/ email along with a link to complete an E-Learning Course from the National Disability Association.
- You will be contacted by phone or email in relation to an informal interview
- You must provide 2 referee’s
- You may be requested to give additional information relating to your experience
- You will be invited attend an informal interview
- You will be get notification of your acceptance if suitable or advice relating to training if needed.
- On the first day, you will be invited to an induction with the yard supervisor, administration contact or gardens supervisor.
Work Experience Policies
We request that all work experience students adhere to the dress code at Festina Lente.
Work experience students should wear the following:
- a navy or black polo shirt or t-shirt
- navy or black jumper or fleece
- comfortable sturdy outdoor boots
- navy or black trousers or denim jeans or navy or cream or black jodhpurs if working in the riding school.
- No runners, sandals, vests, skirts or shorts are allowed.
- All students should have in their possession water proof clothing, and jewellery is not permitted on the yard, garden or general maintenance areas.
- We do not recommend you bring any valuables to Festina Lente.
- Mobile phones are not permitted in any of the riding school areas.
- You are required for Health and Safety reasons to wear reinforced safety boots in the Garden or if doing maintenance.
- We also recommend you wear appropriate gardening gloves while working with the soil.
Students not adhering to the Festina Lente policies may be not be allowed complete their work experience or asked to go home for the day.
Work Experience Application Forms
If you have any queries please contact email@example.com (Andrea works on Monday to Thursday between 9:30-2pm)