Festina Lente provides a unique range of equestrian and horticultural activities, training, recreational events and employment services with a strong emphasis on social inclusion, choice and personal development. The services are provided through the following:
• Equestrian Training Programme
• Transition Training Programme
• Festina Lente Riding School
• Equine Assisted Learning
• Equine Facilitated Education Programme
• Therapeutic Riding Service
• Saol Anois Day Service
• Festina Lente Gardens
Job Title: Equestrian Coach
Contract Type: Full-time Permanent Contract of Employment
Location: Old Connaught Avenue, Bray, Co Wicklow
Reporting to: Head of Coaching and liaising with the Yard Supervisor or Riding School Manager
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
Closing Date for Applications: 22nd of June, 2018
Provision of equestrian coaching to children, teenagers and adults and riders with a disability
The principal duties and responsibilities include:
1. To work in conjunction with the Head of Coaching in the provision of quality equestrian coaching sessions to young people and adults including those with a disability
2. To develop a series of lesson plans appropriate to the abilities of each riding group and/or rider
3. To deliver coaching sessions based on both human learning theory and equine learning theory
4. To contribute to the highest standards of equine welfare
5. To comply with the Health & Safety requirements and of the organization
6. Attend staff meetings and training as required
7. To build and maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues & Service Users
8. This job description is not exhaustive and other duties may be assigned from time to time in accordance with the needs of the service. This job description may be revised to take account of changing circumstances or requirements.
Other Duties will include:
• To contribute to the overall strategic planning of Festina Lente
Essential requirements the person must meet are as follows:
• An appropriate BHS AI or II qualification
• A strong interest in working with young people
• A strong interest in facilitating the learning of riders irrespective of learning ability
• A minimum of three years’ full time experience of coaching
• Experience of designing session plans
• Experience of ethical equine care and management
• Experience of efficient administration and record keeping
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Enjoys the outdoor environment and be physically able and fit for the strenuous nature of the post
• Proven experience of working within a team structure
• Committed to on-going self and professional development
• Welcomes change and is committed to encouraging continuous improvement and learning
• Manages your own workload effectively while responding to new demands.
• Has the capacity to integrate well with, and contribute to, an evolving organisation.
• Have fluent English
• Have a good and proficient knowledge of IT systems and is computer literate
• Have a full and clean Irish driving license.
Other desired specifications:
• Experience of working with adults with disabilities would be an advantage
• Experience of supporting individuals on a one-to-one basis would be preferable
• Experience of working with horses based on equitation science learning principles
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience of being a team player
• Experience of motivating riders
• Proven ability to work on own initiative within a flexible, co-operative team structure
• Solution focused
• Ability to work to deadlines
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary: €28,000 – €32,000 (depending on experience)
Hours: 39 hours per week
Pension: Employees have access to PRSA scheme.
Working Week: Sunday to Thursday
Working Hours: To be confirmed
Travel & Subsistence: A fleet of vehicles is available. However, there may be a requirement from time to time to travel in your own vehicle. If and when these occasions arise, expenses will be paid in accordance with Festina Lente travel rates.
Annual Leave: Annual Leave will be 22 days per annum (pro rata). Entitlement to Public Holidays will be in accordance with the Working Time Act of 1997 (pro rata). Compulsory Leave must be taken at:
• Easter (School Holidays)
• August (School Holidays)
• Christmas (School Holidays)
Location of the position: Old Connaught Avenue, Bray, Co. Wicklow.
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date for Applications: 22nd of June, 2018
Application forms can be found on our website http://festinalente.ie/about-us/job-vacancies/festina-lente-job-vacancy-application-form/ .
Please email Catherine Buckley email@example.com if you have any queries. Informal enquiries can be made by contacting Clodagh Carey at firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 01 272 0704 (ext.201).
Interviews will be held on 12th of July, 2018
The Interview will consist of two parts: The formal and first part of the interview will consist of a panel interview and the second part will be a practical assessment of your horsemanship and coaching skills.
Both parts are likely to take approximately 1 ½ hours
Please dress appropriately for the coaching session. This clothing will be acceptable for the formal interview also.
Only applications received on the relevant application form will be considered. Applicants who do not fulfil the criteria as specified will not be considered.
Selection will involve short listing of applicants for interview based on the criteria for the position as outlined in this job description.
FESTINA LENTE CHILD PROTECTION POLICY / GARDA VETTING / MANDATORY DECLARATION
Garda Vetting for all employees and volunteers is compulsory and those candidates invited for interview will be asked to complete a Garda Vetting form for submission at that time.
The successful candidate will be provided with a copy of the Festina Lente Child Protection Policy and will be required to sign their acceptance of the contents of this document.
A Mandatory Declaration Form must be signed in advance of commencement of employment.
A file may be formed for future vacancies.
Festina Lente is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes suitably qualified applicants from all sections of society