Job Title: Community Connector & Supported Employment
Contract Type: Full-time Permanent Contract of Employment
Location: Old Connaught Avenue, Bray, Co Wicklow
Reporting to: Training & Day Services Manager
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
Community Connector for people with Intellectual Disabilities and Behaviour Support Needs.
The principal duties and responsibilities include:
1. To support Service Users in accessing Education, Employment and Work Experience Opportunities
2. To support Service Users to have meaningful social roles in their communities with an emphasis on Supported Employment
3. To work in conjunction with the Training and Day Services Manager and team members to design, implement and review Support Plans for Service Users.
4. To facilitate person centred planning in conjunction with Service Users and coordinate and evaluate the achievement of personal goals
5. To maintain and update records for Service Users in line with the Festina Lente Policy on Record Keeping
6. To support Service Users to build up links in their communities
7. To implement and review individual person centred plans in line with New Directions Policy
8. To act as an advocate and keyworker for service-users
9. To deliver relevant programmes/classes with an emphasis on community inclusion
10. To liaise with Service Users family members and /or support persons
11. To liaise with other organisations/professionals as required
12. To comply with the Health & Safety requirements of the organisation
13. To attend residential three-day trip away with Service Users
14. Attend staff meetings and training as required
15. To build and maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues & Service Users
16. This job description is not exhaustive and other duties may be assigned from time to time in accordance with the needs of the service. This job description may be revised to take account of changing circumstances or requirements.
Other Duties will include:
• To contribute to the overall strategic planning of Festina Lente
Essential requirements the person must meet are as follows:
• An appropriate third level qualification in a related field e.g. Mental Health/Health and Social Services / Behavioural Analysis / Psychology / Social Care
• A minimum of two years’ full time experience of working in disability services
• A minimum of two years’ experience designing and implementing behaviour support plans and positive risk assessments
• Experience of supporting people with disabilities to access employment opportunities
• Experience of efficient administration and record keeping
• Experience in facilitating person centred planning
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Enjoys the outdoor environment and be physically able and fit for the strenuous nature of the post
• Have excellent knowledge and experience of delivering programmes and person centered plans in line with New Directions Policy
• Experience of supervising and motivating people.
• Proven experience of working within a team structure
• Committed to on-going self and professional development
• Welcomes change and is committed to encouraging continuous improvement and learning
• Manages your own workload effectively while responding to new demands.
• Has the capacity to integrate well with, and contribute to, an evolving organisation.
• Have fluent English
• Have a good and proficient knowledge of IT systems and is computer literate
• Have a full and clean Irish driving license.
Other desired specifications:
• Certificate in Supported Employment
• Knowledge of Multi Element Behaviour Support
• Experience of carrying out ethical and effective behaviour analytic interventions
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience of being a team player
• Experience of motivating people
• Proven ability to work on own initiative within a flexible, co-operative team structure
• Solution focused
• Ability to work to deadlines
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary: €26,867 – €41,320 (13 point scale)
Hours: 39 hours per week
Pension: Employees have access to PRSA scheme.
Working Week: Monday to Friday
Working Hours: 8.00am – 4.30pm
Travel & Subsistence: A fleet of vehicles is available however; there may be a requirement from time to time to travel in your own vehicle. If and when these occasions arise, expenses will be paid in accordance with Festina Lente travel rates.
Annual Leave: Annual Leave will be 22 days per annum (pro rata). Entitlement to Public Holidays will be in accordance with the Working Time Act of 1997 (pro rata). Compulsory Leave must be taken at:
• Easter (School Holidays)
• August (School Holidays)
• October(School Holidays)
• Christmas (School Holidays)
Location of the position: Old Connaught Avenue, Bray, Co. Wicklow.
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date for Applications: Sunday 8th July 2018
Application forms can be found on our website http://festinalente.ie/about-us/job-vacancies/festina-lente-job-vacancy-application-form/ .
Please email Catherine Buckley firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
Informal enquiries can be made by contacting Sabrina Tierney at Sabrina.Tierney@festinalente.ie or phoning 01 272 0704 (ext.207).Interviews will be held: Friday 13th July
Second interview will be held as appropriate.
Selection will involve short listing of applicants for interview based on the criteria for the position as outlined in this job description.
A file may be formed for future vacancies.
FESTINA LENTE CHILD PROTECTION POLICY / GARDA VETTING / MANDATORY DECLARATION
Garda Vetting for all employees and volunteers is compulsory and those candidates invited for interview will be asked to complete a Garda Vetting form for submission at that time.
The successful candidate will be provided with a copy of the Festina Lente Child Protection Policy and will be required to sign their acceptance of the contents of this document.
A Mandatory Declaration Form must be signed in advance of commencement of employment.
Festina Lente is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes suitably qualified applicants from all sections of society
FESTINA LENTE MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of Festina Lente is to provide a range of integrated training, occupational, learning and employment opportunities to people with disabilities. These services are provided through equestrianism, horticulture and community-based activities with an emphasis on choice, personal development and progression. The services are provided through the following:
• Equestrian Training Programme
• Transition Training Programme
• Festina Lente Riding School
• Equine Assisted Learning
• Equine Facilitated Education Programme
• Therapeutic Riding Service
• Saol Anois Day Service
• Festina Lente Gardens