In addition to the more traditional equestrian activities we provide a variety of equine facilitated programmes. Our Equestrian Centre has developed a strong reputation for equine facilitated programmes and a place to have fun and provides a learning environment to hundreds of people every year!
• The Supported Helper Programme involves including children, teenagers or adults with special needs in everyday equine care tasks such as mucking out stables, grooming, bringing ponies in and out of the fields, and other tasks associated with the care and management of ponies and horses. It also helps to give clients a sense of responsibility, promotes independence and encourages a positive self-esteem and confidence through activities like grooming, leading the horses, making feeds, tacking up etc. All activities are ground based and suited to the client’s needs and abilities. Supports are tailored to the learning style and ability of each person and staff to participant ratios range from 1:1 to 1:3.
• We run an Equine Facilitated Educational Programme during the school term and holidays for young people at risk of educational disadvantage. The young people come in every morning and learn all about the care and welfare of horses whilst at the same time developing their social and emotional well-being.
• Therapeutic Riding Lessons in a variety of specially designed sensory therapeutic riding trails
• Horse Riding Lessons for children and adults with special needs
• We offer specific equestrian training for Special Olympics Equestrian Games competitors.
• Our Equine Assisted Learning Programme facilitates adults and children to learn about themselves and experience personal growth and development. Equine Assisted Learning sessions can be done individually or in groups and is offered to everyone.
We also have on offer a 3 year QQI Level 4 Major Award in Horsemanship Training Programme.
Our Equestrian Training Programme is designed to suit people with learning disabilities who are looking for a career in the equine world and gain theoretical and practical knowledge and skills.
We also offer two different accredited learning programmes to anyone interested in upskilling their equestrian knowledge and range of activities they currently offer their clients.
• The Equine Assisted Learning Facilitator Training Programme will provide students with the skills, understanding and practical experience of involving equines in Equine Assisted Learning sessions and programmes which can assist in the achievement of cognitive and behavioural changes amongst young people, teenagers and adults. Successful graduates will be able to offer equine assisted learning and coaching to young children, teenagers and adults from all different backgrounds.This course is accredited through QQI Fetac and Festina Lente.
• Therapeutic Riding Coaching Programme is a highly interactive programme which aims is to equip participants with the skills and knowledge required to enable them to work as a Therapeutic Riding Coach. This course is accredited through QQI Fetac and I.A.C.E..