Festina Lente Mission Statement
The mission of Festina Lente is to provide a range of integrated training, occupational, learning and employment opportunities to people with disabilities. These services are provided through equestrianism, horticulture and community-based activities with an emphasis on choice, personal development and progression. The services are provided through the following:
- Equestrian Training Programme
- Transition Training Programme
- Adult Day Service
- Festina Lente Riding School
- Festina Lente Gardens
Job Title: Accounts Assistant (part-time permanent)
Location: Old Connaught Avenue, Bray, Co Wicklow
Reporting to: Accounts Manager
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
Main purpose: Reporting to the Accounts Manager, the Accounts Assistant will responsible for processing Riding School invoicing and payments for group lessons and pony camps and assisting where appropriate with private lessons and other equestrian related programmes.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The principal duties and responsibilities include:
- Cash Collections via phone and email.
- Analyse customer aged debt & take responsibility for collecting debts in a timely manner
- Communicating with riding school customers regarding lessons for supported helper sessions/pony camps and other programmes offered by Festina Lente.
- Sales Order processing; creating high volume of invoices (circa 150-200 a month) and statements on a regular basis for Riding School customers. SAGE 50 Accounts.
- Editing and maintaining regular use of Excel Spreadsheets – this involves Riding School timetable updates and exporting various reports from SAGE 50 Cloud Accounts to Excel. Proficiency in excel necessary.
- Inputting receipts and payments from bank statements & card payment services to SAGE 50 Cloud Accounts
- Maintaining and editing existing Salesforce customer database
- To maintain all records in line with Festina Lente’s Financial Procedures Policy
- To carry out administrative tasks in consultation with the Accounts Manager to ensure smooth running of the Accounts Department
- To comply with the Health & Safety Requirements of Festina Lente
- To attend staff meetings and training as required
- To build and maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues, service users and trainees of Festina Lente
- This job description is not exhaustive and other duties may be assigned from time to time in accordance with the needs of the organisation. This job description may be revised to take account of changing circumstances or requirements
The person appointed to this role will ideally meet the following requirements:
- Would hold or be working towards an ATI certificate or related accountancy qualification or have a very strong background and experience in accounts
- A strong understanding of the workings of an office (with a minimum of three years’ experience in a related field)
- Experience or a strong understanding of “SAGE 50 Cloud Accounts” or similar accountancy software
- Experience and a strong understanding of Excel
- Experience with Sagepay
- Experience working with a Database software
- Aptitude with working on online based software (Salesforce, SagePay, POP)
- Committed to encouraging continuous improvement and learning
- Manages your own workload effectively while responding creatively and flexibly to new demands.
- Strong organisation and communication skills
- Has the capacity to integrate well with, and contribute to, an evolving organization
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to adapt communication styles to suit the needs of individual trainees, service users, staff members and clients of Festina Lente
- An ability to maintain calm and composed in a busy and demanding environment
- An ability to multitask
- Confidence in one’s own strengths and ability
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to work to deadlines
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary: €26,000 – 32,000 (pro-rata)
Hours: 19.5 hours per week
Working Hours: Ideally afternoons but consideration may be given to mornings or a combination of mornings and afternoons
Annual Leave: 22 days annually. Entitlement to Public Holidays will be in accordance with the Working Time Act of 1997 (pro rata). Compulsory leave must be taken at Christmas.
HOW TO APPLY:
Closing Date for Applications: Sunday 15th September 2019
Application forms can be found on our website http://festinalente.ie/about-us/job-vacancies/festina-lente-job-vacancy-application-form/ .
Interviews will be held on Thursday 3rd October 2019
Selection will involve short listing of applicants for interview based on the criteria for the position as outlined in this job description.
A file may be formed for future vacancies.
Please note: Only applications received on the relevant application form will be considered. CV’s are not accepted as form of application.
FESTINA LENTE CHILD PROTECTION POLICY / GARDA VETTING
Garda Vetting for all employees is compulsory and those candidates invited for interview will be asked to complete a Garda Vetting form for submission at that time.
The successful candidate will be provided with a copy of the Festina Lente Child Protection Policy and will be required to sign their acceptance of the contents of this document.
Festina Lente is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes suitably qualified applicants from all sections of society
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: €26,000.00 to €32,000.00 /year