FESTINA LENTE MISSION STATEMENT
Festina Lente provides a unique range of equestrian and horticultural activities, training, recreational events and employment services with a strong emphasis on social inclusion, choice and personal development. The services are provided through the following:
- Equestrian Training Programme
- Transition Training Programme
- Festina Lente Riding School
- Equine Assisted Learning
- Equine Facilitated Education Programme
- Therapeutic Riding Service
- Saol Anois Day Service
- Festina Lente Gardens
These Services are funded through state agencies such as the HSE, POBAL, the KWETB and the DEASP, as well as public donations and our own commercial income from our Garden Shop and Equestrian Centre.
Job Title: Office Administrator (Pobal Funded)
Contract Type: Full-time Permanent Contract of Employment
Location: Old Connaught Avenue, Bray, Co Wicklow
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
Closing Date for Applications: 31st May 2019.
The Office Administrator will be responsible for the administration of daily tasks associated with all the services of Festina Lente including the Riding School, the Gardens, the Equestrian Training Programme, the Transition Training Programme and the Saol Anois Day Service Programme.
Job Description: The principal duties and responsibilities include:
- Management of Facilities & Utilities including; management of external companies and contracts
- Cleaning – Supervision of the cleaning of Festina Lente to ensure the required standards of the company are maintained
- Updating procedural manuals and identifying areas in need of additional controls as the company grows and expands
- QQI Courses – general administration including; being the point of contact, verifying learners results and entry into the QQI systems
- To take responsibility for ensuring that the Insurances of Festina Lente are maintained in accordance with the needs of the organisation
- General ordering from suppliers (stationary, cleaning supplies, health & safety items, etc) including creation of purchase orders
- Responsibility for the vehicle fleet of Festina Lente; maintenance, insurance, driving licenses etc.
- Uniforms – Stocking, ordering and sale of uniforms
- To provide cover in Reception as required
- IT Support – to be the first point of contact for staff for all IT areas including pc, printers, servers, etc and work closely our external IT support company
- Assisting with event organisation – production of promotional materials, management of room bookings etc.
- Website administration – updating of website entries and the Festina Lente shop
- Health & Safety- coordination of documentation, fire drills, maintenance of Fire Warden and First Aiders lists
- To attend staff meetings and training as required
- To build and maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues, service users, trainees and clients of Festina Lente
Other Duties will include:
- To contribute to the overall strategic planning of Festina Lente
- To undertake any other reasonable duties which may be assigned to you by the CEO
Essential requirements the person must meet are as follows:
- 3 years’ continuous experience of Office Administration
- 2 years’ experience of producing promotional materials
- Competency in IT – minimum ECDL or equivalent
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Internet.
- Experience of updating websites/shops – previous use of WordPress and WooCommerce is desirable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to adapt communication styles to suit the needs of individual trainees, service users, staff members and clients of Festina Lente
- An ability to maintain calm and composed in a busy and demanding environment
- An ability to multitask
- Confidence in one’s own strengths and ability
- Willingness to learn and an openness to alternative approaches
- Highly organised, with a high level of concentration and attention
- Committed to working hard
- Proven ability to work on own initiative within a flexible, co-operative team structure
- Solution focused
- Fluent English is required
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to work to deadlines
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary: €26,000 – €32,000 (depending on experience)- Pobal Funded
Hours: 39 hours per week
Pension: Employees have access to PRSA scheme.
Working Week: Monday-Friday
Working Hours: Monday 9.00am-5.00pm
Travel & Subsistence: A fleet of vehicles is available. However, there may be a requirement from time to time to travel in your own vehicle. If and when these occasions arise, expenses will be paid in accordance with Festina Lente travel rates.
Annual Leave: Annual Leave will be 22 days per annum (pro rata). Entitlement to Public Holidays will be in accordance with the Working Time Act of 1997 (pro rata).
Location of the position: Old Connaught Avenue, Bray, Co. Wicklow.
HOW TO APPLY:
Closing Date for Applications: 31st May 2019.
Application forms can be found on our website http://festinalente.ie/about-us/job-vacancies/festina-lente-job-vacancy-application-form/ .
Please email Catherine Buckley firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
Interviews will be held on Friday 14th June.
SELECTION PROCESS: Selection will involve short listing of applicants for interview based on the criteria for the position as outlined in this job description. A panel may be formed from this process. Please note a second interview may be held
For Your Information:
- The position advertised is funded through Pobal. Pobal administer and manage Government and EU funding to address disadvantage and support social inclusion.
- Evidence of your eligibility for this position as laid down in Pobal Guidelines must accompany your application. We particularly welcome applications from lone parents, Travellers and people with disabilities
- Evidence of current tetanus inoculation will be required
- Garda Vetting is mandatory for all staff employed in Festina Lente
Qualifying Criteria for all applicants applying for Pobal Funded Positions:
- Person in receipt of Jobseeker’s Benefit (JB), Jobseeker’s Assistance (JA), one parent family payment (OPF) or the Jobseeker Transitional Payment
- Persons in receipt of disability allowance (DA), invalidity pension, blind persons pension or other disability benefit.
- Travellers in receipt of Jobseeker’s Benefit or Jobseeker’s Assistance or one parent family benefit.
- Stabilised and recovering drug mis‐users.
- People employed from Tús, Gateway, Community Employment (CE) and Job Initiatives (JI) schemes are deemed eligible but cannot simultaneously hold a CSP and Tús/Gateway/CE/JI/RSS position. Former RSS workers who were previously CE participants are also eligible.
FESTINA LENTE CHILD PROTECTION POLICY / GARDA VETTING / MANDATORY DECLARATION
Garda Vetting for all employees and volunteers is compulsory and those candidates invited for interview will be asked to complete a Garda Vetting form for submission at that time.
Festina Lente is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes suitably qualified applicants from all sections of society