Job Title: Supported Employment Facilitator
Contract Type: Part-time Specified Contract of Employment
Location: Old Connaught Avenue, Bray, Co Wicklow
Reporting to: Training & Day Services Manager
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
JOB DESCRIPTION: Your principal duties and responsibilities will be:
- To work with the men and woman in identifying appropriate meaningful employment opportunities.
- To create a vocational profile with the client and other stakeholders to determine the client’s goals, experiences, abilities, skills, and potential obstacles.
- To provide on-the-job training and assistance to the client throughout the job placement and where necessary complete the task in accordance with employer standards.
- To report on a regular basis regarding the clients progress.
- Provide on-the-job coaching as required and assist in the integration of the job seeker into mainstream employment.
- To develop positive working relationships with clients, staff employers and other stakeholders.
- To ensure that the client is actively engaged in all phases of the job placement process.
- To identify potential employment opportunities through accessing existing employment data and networking.
- To complete a work-site analysis to assess whether the workplace will be a supportive environment for the client who may need some level of ongoing support from his/ her co-workers
- To develop a marketing strategy to achieve success in helping clients gain and maintain employment.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and address learning needs within supported employment/vocational services at personal and interpersonal level.
- To comply with the Health and Safety requirements of the organisation
- To attend staff meetings and training as required
- To build and maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues, learners & service users
- To contribute to the overall strategic planning of Festina Lente
- This job description is not exhaustive and the other duties may be assigned from time to time in accordance with the needs of the service. This job description may be revised to take account of changing circumstances or requirements
PERSON SPECIFICATION: The person appointed to this role will ideally meet the following requirements:
- Certificate in Supported Employment or similar.
- An appropriate third level qualification in a related field e.g. health and social services, disability management, allied health and social care, special education and/or specialist training etc.
- Proven ability in supporting people with disabilities to access employment opportunities based on the principles of Supported Employment.
- Has a minimum of two years’ experience in the area of disability and Supported Employment.
- Has a full and clean driving licence.
- Has an excellent knowledge and proficiency of IT systems, computer literacy and administration tasks.
- Proven experience of working within a team structure and a strong ability to self-manage in a dynamic and active environment.
- Experience of employing competent and efficient problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be passionate about supporting people with disabilities in accessing meaningful employment
- An ability to maintain calm and composed in a busy and demanding environment
- Confidence in one’s own strengths and ability
- Willingness to learn and an openness to alternative approaches
- Highly organised, with a high level of concentration and attention
- Committed to working hard
- Proven ability to work on own initiative within a flexible, co-operative team structure
- Solution focused
- Fluent English is required
- Ability to work to deadlines
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary: €26,867 – €41,320 (13-point scale) pro rata
Hours: 25 hours per week
Working Week: Monday to Friday
Working Hours: 9.00am – 2.00pm (hours may be subject to change and may be flexible for the right candidate)
Travel & Subsistence: A fleet of vehicles is available however; there may be a requirement from time to time to travel in your own vehicle. If and when these occasions arise, expenses will be paid in accordance with Festina Lente travel rates.
Access to a PRSA Scheme
Ongoing training and Development
Access to Educational Support
22 days annual leave pro rata
Bike to work scheme
Flexible working hours
Annual Leave: Annual Leave will be 22 days per annum (pro rata). Entitlement to Public Holidays will be in accordance with the Working Time Act of 1997 (pro rata). Compulsory Leave must be taken at:
- Easter (School Holidays)
- August (School Holidays)
- October(School Holidays)
- Christmas (School Holidays)
Location of the position: Old Connaught Avenue, Bray, Co. Wicklow.
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 19th July
Informal enquiries can be made by contacting Sabrina Tierney at Sabrina.Tierney@festinalente.ie or phoning 01 272 0704 (ext.207).
Application forms can be found on our website http://festinalente.ie/about-us/job-vacancies/festina-lente-job-vacancy-application-form/ .
Interviews will be held: Monday 29th July 2019
Second interview will be held as appropriate.
Selection will involve short listing of applicants for interview based on the criteria for the position as outlined in this job description.
A file may be formed for future vacancies.
FESTINA LENTE CHILD PROTECTION POLICY / GARDA VETTING / MANDATORY DECLARATION
Garda Vetting for all employees and volunteers is compulsory and those candidates invited for interview will be asked to complete a Garda Vetting form for submission at that time.
The successful candidate will be provided with a copy of the Festina Lente Child Protection Policy and will be required to sign their acceptance of the contents of this document.