Festina Lente Mission Statement
The mission of Festina Lente is to provide a range of integrated training, occupational, learning and employment opportunities to people with disabilities. These services are provided through equestrianism, horticulture and community-based activities with an emphasis on choice, personal development and progression. The services are provided through the following:
- Equestrian Training Programme
- Transition Training Programme
- Festina Lente Riding School
- Equine Assisted Learning
- Equine Facilitated Education Programme
- Therapeutic Riding Service
- Saol Anois Day Service
- Festina Lente Gardens
Festina Lente was established in 1988 and over the years has developed a wide range of equestrian related activities to people of all ages, from diverse backgrounds and with a variety of learning styles. Central to this is the role of the horse and its capacity to facilitate each person in their preferred activity or programme.
Job Title: Supported Helper Programme Facilitator (Part time)
Reporting to: Equine Facilitated Education Programme / Supported Helper Programme Co-ordinator
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
Main purpose: The principle aim of this position is to support young people and adults with an intellectual and/or physical disability to acquire the necessary skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to help in an equestrian environment with an aim to build confidence, self – esteem, independence and team work. All activities are ground based and do not involve riding the horses.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Your principal duties and responsibilities will be:
- To work with young people with a disability in the equestrian environment
- To develop individualised programmes with each client
- Liaising with relevant personnel from the schools referring the young people, as well as parents/key workers for those attending the Supported Helper Programme.
- Keeping relevant records as is relevant to the programme
- Ensuring the welfare of horses that are involved in the programmes
- To comply with the Health & Safety requirements of the organisation and of legislation
- To attend staff meetings and training as required
- To build and maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues, learners & service users
- Update and maintain timetables and Salesforce database as necessary
- This job description is not exhaustive and other duties may be assigned from time to time in accordance with the needs of the service. This job description may be revised to take account of changing circumstances and requirements.
Other Duties will include:
- Providing support and/or supervision in the Equestrian Yard
- To contribute to the overall strategic planning of Festina Lente
PERSON SPECIFICATION: The person appointed to this role will ideally meet the following requirements:
- Relevant third level qualification in social care or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 years experience of working with young people and/or adults with an intellectual disability
- Suitable and relevant experience of working with horses
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of working with young people in a supervisory capacity
- Experience with Equine Assisted Learning activities an advantage
- Experience and/or good understanding of person centered planning and advantage
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office essential
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment Commencement Date: March 2020
Salary: €26,000 – €28,000 pro rata
Pension: Employees have access to PRSA scheme.
Annual Leave will be 21 days per annum (pro rata). Entitlement to Public Holidays will be in accordance with the Working Time Act of 1997 (pro rata). Compulsory Leave must be taken at:
- August (School Holidays)
- Christmas (School Holidays)
The remaining annual leave must be taken during school holidays (mid-terms, Easter and July)
15 hour working week Sunday to Wednesday with a 60 minute unpaid lunch break at 1.00pm.
Sunday : 4 hours : times to be confirmed
Monday : 2.00 – 4.00pm
Tuesday 2.00 – 4.00pm
Wednesday 2.00pm – 5.30pm
Duration of contract
The contract is a Permanent Part time contract
Travel & Subsistence:
A fleet of vehicles is available. However, there may be a requirement from time to time to travel in your own vehicle. If and when these occasions arise, expenses will be paid in accordance with Festina Lente travel rates
Location of the position
Old Connaught Avenue, Bray, Co. Wicklow.
How to apply
Closing Date for Applications: 23rd February 2020
Informal enquiries can be made by contacting Jill Carey at firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 01 272 0704 (ext.204).
Application forms can be found on our website http://festinalente.ie/about-us/job-vacancies/festina-lente-job-vacancy-application-form/ .
Please email Jen Gillespie email@example.com if you have any queries.
Interviews will be held Friday 28th February 2020
The Interview will consist of two parts: The first part of the interview will consist of a formal panel interview and the second part will be a practical assessment of your horsemanship skills.
Both parts combined are likely to take approximately 1 hour in total.
Please dress appropriately for the practical session. This clothing will be acceptable for the formal interview also.
Selection will involve short listing of applicants for interview based on the criteria for the position as outlined in this job description.
A file may be formed for future vacancies.
FESTINA LENTE CHILD PROTECTION POLICY / GARDA VETTING / MANDATORY DECLARATION
Garda Vetting for all employees and volunteers is compulsory and those candidates invited for interview will be asked to complete a Garda Vetting form for submission at that time.
The successful candidate will be provided with a copy of the Festina Lente Child Protection Policy and will be required to sign their acceptance of the contents of this document.
A Mandatory Declaration Form must be signed in advance of commencement of employment.
Festina Lente is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes suitably qualified applicants from all sections of society