FESTINA LENTE MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of Festina Lente is to provide a range of integrated training, occupational, learning and employment opportunities to people with disabilities. These services are provided through equestrianism, horticulture and community-based activities with an emphasis on choice, personal development and progression. The services are provided through the following:
- Equestrian Training Programme
- Transition Training Programme
- Festina Lente Riding School
- Equine Assisted Learning
- Equine Facilitated Education Programme
- Therapeutic Riding Service
- Saol Anois Day Service
- Festina Lente Gardens
Job Title: Workshop and Events Support Person (casual ad-hoc basis contract)
Location: Old Connaught Avenue, Bray, Co Wicklow
Reporting to: The Garden Manager, Festina Lente Enterprises
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
Main purpose: The overall purpose of this position is to support children’s events including workshops, birthday parties and seasonal camps that take place within the Walled Garden
- To help organize and implement safe, fun and entertaining activities and games for birthday parties, workshops and events that are held in the Walled Garden
- Greeting, acknowledging and interacting with family members, parents, teachers and care assistants in a friendly and professional manner.
- Facilitate organizing children’s activities and ensure children are active, interested and safe through the event.
- Explain and demonstrate games and activities to party participants
- Supervise activities during the event.
- Organise and store materials to create a safe working environment
- To undertake any other reasonable duties which may be assigned to you by the Garden Manager
The candidate will have the following:
- Experience of working with young people
- Have the ability to work with children of all learning levels and abilities
- Knowledge of arts and crafts
- Work as part of a team fostering good working relationship with colleagues
- A current First Aid qualification is desirable.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Innovative and creative
- Be self-motivated and flexible
- Good organisational skills andpatience
- Physical stamina
Conditions of employment:
Salary: The rate of pay will be in accordance with the current National Wage Agreement
Hours: As required, most likely weekends and school holidays
Annual Leave: Annual Leave will be calculated on the basis of time worked, exclusive of public holidays.
Location of the position: Old Connaught Avenue, Bray, Co. Wicklow. Any change in location will notified to you in advance.
HOW TO APPLY:
Closing Date for Applications: Sunday the 1rst of March 2020
Informal enquiries can be made by contacting Ann Gleeson at Gardens@festinalente.ie or phoning 01 272 0704 (ext. 210).
Application forms can be found on our website http://festinalente.ie/about-us/job-vacancies/festina-lente-job-vacancy-application-form/ .
Please email Jennifer Gillespie firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
Selection will involve short listing of applicants for interview based on the criteria for the position as outlined in this job description. A panel may be formed from this process.
A file may be formed for future vacancies.
FESTINA LENTE CHILD PROTECTION POLICY / GARDA VETTING / MANDATORY DECLARATION
Garda Vetting for all employees and volunteers is compulsory and those candidates invited for interview will be asked to complete a Garda Vetting form for submission at that time.
Festina Lente is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes suitably qualified applicants from all sections of society