Full-time Yard Assistant (Pobal funded)
FESTINA LENTE MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of Festina Lente is to provide a range of integrated training, occupational, learning and employment opportunities to people with disabilities. These services are provided through equestrianism, horticulture and community-based activities with an emphasis on choice, personal development and progression. The services are provided through the following:
- Equestrian Training Programme
- Transition Training Programme
- Festina Lente Equestrian Center
- Equine Assisted Learning
- Equine Facilitated Education Programme
- Therapeutic Riding Service
- Saol Anois Day Service
- Festina Lente Gardens
Job Title: Full-time EquestrianYard Assistant (Pobal funded)
Location: Old Connaught Avenue, Bray, Co Wicklow
Reporting to: The Yard Manager
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
Main purpose: To work with the Equestrian Center Yard Supervisor and other staff in the smooth and efficient running of the Equestrian Yard including leading in Therapeutic lessons.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Your principal duties and responsibilities will be:
- Mucking out stables, cleaning tack/equipment, sweeping of the yard
- Feeding / preparing hay nets
- Grooming and tacking up
- Leading horses / ponies to and from the fields
- Leading ponies during lessons
- Taking specific responsibilities for horse welfare and management
- Overall general upkeep of the yard and equestrian yard facilities
PERSON SPECIFICATION: The person appointed to this role will ideally meet the following requirements:
- QQI Level 4 (or similar) qualification in Professional Horsemanship or demonstrable experience of horse management
- Experience of working in a busy equestrian yard
- An understanding of horse welfare
- Welcomes change and is committed to encouraging continuous improvement and learning
- Responds well to change
- Enjoys the outdoor environment and be physically able and fit for the nature of the post
- An ability to get along with colleagues/clients & service users of Festina Lente
- Willingness to learn and an openness to alternative approaches
- Committed to working hard
Hours: Your normal hours will be 39 hours per week
Salary: In accordance with the current National Wage Agreement currently €10.10 per hour
Annual Leave: Annual leave will be 20 working days exclusive of public holidays – (pro rata). Compulsory annual leave will apply to facilitate the running of the yard which is taken during school holiday times
Days of work: Sunday to Thursday
Location of the position: Old Connaught Avenue, Bray, Co. Wicklow. Any change in location will notified to you in advance.
HOW TO APPLY:
Closing Date for Applications: 29th October 2020
Informal enquiries can be made by contacting Yard Manager, Tara Barrett at firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 0876676041
Application forms can be found on our website https://festinalente.ie/job-application-form/.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 5th November
SELECTION PROCESS: Selection will involve short listing of applicants for interview based on the criteria for the position as outlined in this job description. A panel may be formed from this process Please note a second interview may be held. The interview process will include a practical horse management assessment.
Important : For Your Information:
- The position advertised is funded through Pobal. Pobal administer and manage Government and EU funding to address disadvantage and support social inclusion.
- Evidence of your eligibility for this position as laid down in Pobal Guidelines must accompany your application. We particularly welcome applications from lone parents, Travellers and people with disabilities
Qualifying Criteria for all applicants applying for Pobal Funded Positions:
- Person in receipt of Jobseeker’s Benefit (JB), Jobseeker’s Assistance (JA), one parent family payment (OPF) or the Jobseeker Transitional Payment and Covid payment
- Persons in receipt of disability allowance (DA), invalidity pension, blind persons pension or other disability benefit.
- Travellers in receipt of Jobseeker’s Benefit or Jobseeker’s Assistance or one parent family benefit.
- Stabilised and recovering drug mis‐users.
- People employed from Tús, Gateway, Community Employment (CE) and Job Initiatives (JI) schemes are deemed eligible but cannot simultaneously hold a CSP and Tús/Gateway/CE/JI/RSS position. Former RSS workers who were previously CE participants are also eligible.
FESTINA LENTE CHILD PROTECTION POLICY / GARDA VETTING / MANDATORY DECLARATION
Garda Vetting for all employees and volunteers is compulsory and those candidates invited for interview will be asked to complete a Garda Vetting form for submission at that time.
Festina Lente is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes suitably qualified applicants from all sections of society fffff