Part-time Office Administrator – Gardens
FESTINA LENTE MISSION STATEMENT
Festina Lente provides a unique range of equestrian and horticultural activities, training, recreational events and employment services with a strong emphasis on social inclusion, choice and personal development. The services are provided through the following:
- Festina Lente Gardens
- Equestrian Training Programme
- Transition Training Programme
- Festina Lente Riding School
- Equine Assisted Interventions
- Saol Anois Day Service
These Services are funded through state agencies such as the HSE, POBAL, the KWETB and the DEASP, as well as public donations and commercial income from our Garden Shop and Equestrian Centre.
Job Title: Office Administrator (Pobal supported)
Contract Type: Part-time Fixed Term Contract of Employment (in line with Pobal Contract)
25 hours per week until 31st December 2021
Location: Old Connaught Avenue, Bray, Co Wicklow
Reporting to: Finance Manager & Deputy CEO
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
The Office Administrator for the Garden Department will be responsible for the administration of daily tasks associated with all the services of the Gardens, including the shop and the management of allotments.
Job Description: The principal duties and responsibilities include:
- Respond to all incoming and outgoing calls and emails to the Gardens Office
- Manage and maintain staff rosters in conjunction with the Deputy CEO
- Maintain a Seasonal Calendar of Garden Maintenance and or Events and Tours
- Manage the Allotment Holder List
- Ensure all allotment holder invoicing and payments are up to date
- Oversee and cross-check BLIP hours log for staff in advance of payroll deadlines
- Checking deliveries to PODs (proof of deliveries) and updating stock system
- Reconciling purchase invoices to PODs and the timely processing of them for approval and payment
- Reconciling supplier statements on a monthly basis
- Maintain and order seeds and stock for the shop in consultation with colleagues responsible.
- Comply with accounting procedures and processes
- Log and fix any inconsistencies with Finance Manager
- Liaise with HR to set up new staff IT and HR logins
- Administrative support to colleagues
- Manage staff holidays in conjunction with the Dep. CEO.
- Manage stock control in conjunction with colleagues responsible
- Primary initial point of contact for all visitors to the gardens
- Liaise with HR / Garden Mentors and ensure new volunteers are formally scheduled with their mentor
- Keep the office area tidy and reflective of professional business
- Other duties as they arise
Essential requirements the person must meet are as follows:
- 3 years continuous experience of Office Administration
- Competency in IT – minimum ECDL or equivalent
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet
- Some accounting knowledge and experience is desirable
- Experience with Publisher an advantage
- Experience of updating websites/shops – previous use of WordPress and WooCommerce is desirable
- Highly organised, with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to adapt communication styles to suit the needs of individual trainees, service users, staff members and clients of Festina Lente
- An ability to multitask
- Confidence in one’s own strengths and ability
- Willingness to learn and an openness to alternative approaches
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent time-keeping
- Proven ability to work on own initiative within a flexible, co-operative team structure
- Solution focused
- Fluent English is required
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to work to deadlines
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary: €24,000-27,000 annually (pro-rata) (depending on experience) Pobal Funded
Hours: 25 hours per week
Pension: Employees have access to PRSA scheme.
Working Week: Monday- Friday 8.15am – 13:15pm (one paid 15 minute break)
Travel & Subsistence: A fleet of vehicles is available. However, there may be a requirement from time to time to travel in your own vehicle. If and when these occasions arise, expenses will be paid in accordance with Festina Lente travel rates
Annual Leave: Annual Leave will be calculated at 8% of all hours worked. Entitlement to Public Holidays will be in accordance with the Working Time Act of 1997
Location of the position: Old Connaught Avenue, Bray, Co. Wicklow
HOW TO APPLY:
Application forms can be found on our website should be completed online by 20th January 2020.
Please email if you have any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Video Interviews will be held by ZOOM on Tuesday 26th January 2021
All candidates will have to complete work on excel as part of the interview
SELECTION PROCESS: Selection will involve short listing of applicants for interview based on the criteria for the position as outlined in this job description. A panel may be formed from this process Please note a second interview may be held
For Your Information:
- The position advertised is supported through Pobal. Pobal administer and manage Government and EU funding to address disadvantage and support social inclusion.
- Evidence of your eligibility for this position as laid down in Pobal Guidelines must accompany your application. We particularly welcome applications from lone parents, Travellers and people with disabilities
Qualifying Criteria for all applicants applying for Pobal Funded Positions:
- People in receipt of the Pandemic Unemployment Payment
- Person in receipt of Jobseeker’s Benefit (JB), Jobseeker’s Assistance (JA), one parent family payment (OPF) or the Jobseeker Transitional Payment
- Persons in receipt of disability allowance (DA), invalidity pension, blind persons pension or other disability benefit.
- Travellers in receipt of Jobseeker’s Benefit or Jobseeker’s Assistance or one parent family benefit.
- Stabilised and recovering drug mis‐users.
- People employed from Tús, Gateway, Community Employment (CE) and Job Initiatives (JI) schemes are deemed eligible but cannot simultaneously hold a CSP and Tús/Gateway/CE/JI/RSS position. Former RSS workers who were previously CE participants are also eligible.
FESTINA LENTE CHILD PROTECTION POLICY / GARDA VETTING / MANDATORY DECLARATION
Garda Vetting for all employees and volunteers is compulsory and those candidates invited for interview will be asked to complete a Garda Vetting form for submission at that time.
Festina Lente is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes suitably qualified applicants from all sections of society