Festina Lente Gardens are a Pobal Funded Community Project, members of the Royal Horticultural Society of Ireland and form part of the Wicklow Tours Trail. We offer a variety of special events, services and workshops for families, children and adults at different times throughout the year. We host an Allotment Competiton every June.
- We are delighted to provide you with an allotment from February to December.
- Festina Lente Gardens Opening Hours: 8.30-5pm Mon – Fri, 9.30-6pm Sat and 11-6pm on Sunday. Those wishing to work on plots after working hours, must phone the Garden Office on 087-3293680 in advance to make arrangements. Without prior notice of your intentions, access points will be closed by Site Security. To avoid becoming locked into the gardens, please abide by this request.
- Access to the garden is available to you 7 days a week. The gardens are normally closed over Christmas week or during extreme weather conditions and entry is not allowed.
- All new allotment holders must attend our 7 Kitchen Gardening Workshops.
- Appropriate gardening footwear and gloves must be worn at all times.
- In line with Health & Safety procedures, access to your plot after working hours is only permitted by prior agreement. We recommend working in pairs due to the isolated nature of the gardens.
- Only the plot holder or person authorised or accompanied by the plot holder is allowed on the site.
- Toilet Facilities are available in the Equestrian Yard during working hours. When in this yard, do not approach or touch the horses and at all times please give way to horses and riders.
- You must assume full responsibility for supervising children/those in your care at all times in all areas. Please note there are four water features in the garden. Please keep children safe and under supervision and with you at all times. Festina Lente cannot take any responsibility for supervision in our grounds.
- Please keep dogs on a lead and under control at all times.
- There is a First Aid Box and a list of First Aiders in the Kitchen Chalet and the Garden shop.
- Plot holders are requested to respect each other, and not to cause any nuisance or annoyance to each other.
- Absence from plot. If, due to unforseen circumstances, you cannot maintain your plot for 4 consecutive weeks, please email and phone us as soon as possible. We can provide a weeding and maintenance service for you. There is a charge for this service. However, if your absence exceeds 6 weeks, we will be obliged to take back the plot and pass it onto the next person on the waiting list.
- End of growing season: Please remove any plants, seed trays, etc. from the tunnel. Failure to do so will result in them being disposed of.
- We request all plots must be under cultivation.
- Trip hazards – scutch grass and other weeds – and excess items such as wood, bricks, canes/plant supports must be removed.
- Please ensure that pathways are kept clear, with no obstructions, tools, wheelbarrows in the way of other persons.
- Please bring all non recycleable waste material home with you, we will provide composting facilities for green waste. Please dispose of weeds by either bringing them home or using the orange trailer in the nursery area.
- Do not remove already existing Festina Lente planting.
- Alcohol or smoking are not permitted in the Gardens under any circumstances.
- All Health & Safety instructions and signage must followed at all times.
- Please note all new allotment holders must attend our Grow Your Own Vegetables, Herbs & Fruits Workshops.
Allotment renters must agree to completely abide by these Terms and Conditions and understand that failure to comply with these will be in breach of Health & Safety Procedures and may lead to the removal your allotment rental agreement.
Payment is due at the start of each allotment year and can be paid on line on our website on https://shop.festinalente.ie/index.php/product-category/gardens/allotment_rental/ or by phone through the accounts department by ringing 01-2720704 ext 205.